(Extract with Grains)
3.3 lbs Pilsner LME
3 lbs Pilsner DME
1 lb Caravienne 20L
8 oz Vienna Malt
Schedule of Kettle Additions
60 min 12.1 AAU - Columbus
10 min 1/2 oz Denali
5 min 1 oz Azacca
1 min 1 oz Denali
0 min 1 oz Crystal Hop Hash
DryHop 1oz Azacca
- Bring 1.5 gallons water to 160'F and turn off heat source.
- Place crushed grains in a muslin bag and steep for 35 minutes at 154'F
- Remove grains and let drain back into the pot. Do not Squeeze!!!
- Add additional water to the kettle to bring volume up to at least 2.5 gallons and begin heating.
- Disolve the LME, DME, and MaltoDextrine as the wort coms to a boil.
- Once kettle is back at a boil and no longer creating heavy foam, make your first hop addition and follow the schedule above.
- Once boil is complete, chill the wort to about 68'F and add to sanitized fermenter.
- Top off volume to 5 gallons with clean, cool water and mix well
- Ferment with Lallemond for at least 7 days