Chocolate Coffee Stout
(Extract with Grains)
3.3 lbs Light LME
2.5 lbs Light DME
1.5 lbs Maris Otter Malt
10 oz Roasted Barley
8 oz Wheat Malt
6 oz Flaked Oats
5 oz Chocolate Malt
2 oz Caraffa III
4 oz MaltoDextrine
Schedule of Kettle Additions
60 min 9AAU Challenger
15 min 1/2 oz Styrian Celeia
10 min 1/2 oz Willamette
5 min 2 oz Cocoa Nibs
0 min 2 oz Coffee (course crush Coffee of your choosing) (Not Included in Kit)
NOTE: Yeast is not included with this kit. Please choose a yeast from the suggestions below or any other yeast of your liking. Hops or yeast may change based off current inventory. Any changes will be noted.
- Bring 1.5 gallons water to 160'F and turn off heat source.
- Place crushed grains in a muslin bag and steep for 35 minutes at 154'F
- Remove grains and let drain back into the pot. Do not Squeeze!!!
- Add additional water to the kettle to bring volume up to at least 2.5 gallons and begin heating.
- Dissolve the LME, DME, and MaltoDextrine as the wort coms to a boil.
- Once kettle is back at a boil and no longer creating heavy foam, make your first hop addition and follow the schedule above.
- Once boil is complete, chill the wort to about 68'F and add to sanitized fermenter.
- Top off volume to 5 gallons with clean, cool water and mix well
- Ferment with US-05 for at least 7 days