Kieselsol is a negatively charged fining agent useful in removing proteins and some metallic compounds. Add Kieselsol to degassed wine or uncarbonated cider to clarify. For best results, always use Kieselsol in conjunction with Chitosan.
- Gently stir Kieselsol into fully degassed wine or alco-base at the rate of 1/4 oz per 5-6 gallons
- Make sure that it is fully degassed. If not, Kieselsol may not clear the wine.
- Stir for 20 - 30 seconds to make sure Kieselsol is fully dissolved and leave liquid to fully clear
- Clearing can take 1 - 2 days, so please allow 12-48 hours to clear fully
- For best results, use in conjunction with Chitosan or liquid gelatin. Bench trials are recommended.
Contains: Water, 30% Silica solution