Chitosan is a positively charged fining agent and useful in removing tannin, phenols, anthocyanins, yeast cells, and bacteria. Add Chitosan to degassed wine or uncarbonated cider to clarify. For best results, always use Chitosan in conjunction with Kieselsol.
- Gently stir Chitosan into fully degassed wine or alco-base at the rate of 1 oz per 5-6 gallons
- Make sure that it is fully degassed. If not, Chitosan may not be effective.
- Stir for 20 - 30 seconds to make sure Chitosan is fully desolved and leave liquid to fully clear
- Clearing can take 1 - 2 days so please allow 12-48 hours to clear fully
- For best results use in conjunction with Kieselsol or liquid gelatine. Bench trials are recommended.